How to use the Kelly Kettle®
The Kelly Kettle® is easy to use. We recommend that you follow the following five steps when using your Kettle:
To begin, remove the fire base from the bottom of the kettle and place the base on level ground – flat side down.
1. Remove protective stopper from kettle and fill kettle with water. Do not replace the stopper - the water spout must be free from ALL obstructions when the kettle is in use
2. Fill the base with combustible material such as newspaper, dry grass or very small tinder. Then place the kettle securely on the base.
3. Light fire through the hole(s) in side of the base and face the hole(s) into the wind for extra draught.
4. Insert additional fuel through the chimney (use small twigs or Pine cones for best results).
5. When the water boils, hold the handle at a 90° angle to the body of the Kettle – then lift Kettle clear of the base. Use handle and chain for pouring. If additional boiling water is required, simply refill the kettle, place it back on the fire base and refuel the chimney again!
- Always remove the stopper before lighting the kettle.
- Boiling the kettle with ANY obstruction in the water spout can result in a serious burn for the user or others in close proximity.
- Never hold the handle above the chimney when the kettle is lit as it can result in a burn for the user.
- Always keep children away from the kettle when in use.
- Use surplus water to extinguish fire.