Comparing the Original Kelly Kettle® to copies of our Kettles
The Kelly Kettle was invented in Ireland back in 1891 by Patrick Kelly, great-grandfather of the current directors of the company.
As a 4th generation family business, (Read our History Here) we pride ourselves on our customer service and the quality of our products. You can have confidence that the Kelly Family will back up our warranty with action. After all, our products have our name on them!
Aluminium or Stainless Steel?
- Kelly Kettles are available in either anodised Aluminium (ALU) or Stainless Steel (SST). Stainless Steel is by far the most popular material with customers.
Copies of our Kettles are available in ALU only.
- All Kelly Kettle accessories are made from Food Grade 304 SST. (Camping Cups / Camp Plates / Cook Sets / Pot-Support / Hobo camp Stove)
- Copies of our Kettles provide accessories made from ALU. (Cook set / Pot Support / Hobo Stove). These accessories are uncannily like the items that we painstakingly designed and created!
"I love my Kelly Kettle" - Bear Grylls, TV Presenter, Adventurer, Survival Instructor, Businessman
- 'Fire Base' We now provide upgraded SST Fire-bases as standard on all our kettles. SST has a melting point almost twice that of ALU so, it is much more tolerant of higher temperatures than ALU. ALU bases tend to warp, buckle and burn through very quickly. Because of this, our Kettles come with SST bases.
Copies of our kettles only come with ALU bases.
- 'Hobo Stove' SST fire bases of the Kelly Kettle are suitable to be used as wood-fired Cook stoves. Our steel 'Hobo Stove' cooking accessory turns the steel fire base of the Kelly Kettle into a self-contained and highly efficient wood fuelled camp stove. ALU copies of our Hobo Stove are available but, they will soften, burn out and need replacing very very quickly - as will the alu. base the are used on!
- Our Hobo Stove packs neatly inside the fire base for compact storage. Copies do not pack inside and have to be carried separately adding bulk to your pack.
- 'Pot/Base Support' We found that ALU supports could fuse together with the intense heat of the chimney making them inseparable. Hence, all our support are now made from SST.
- When used under the fire-base, out Pot/Base Support prevents grass, timber decking etc. from scorch marks.
- Our Pot/Base Support flat packs small, taking up no space whatsoever.
"I'm really impressed that Kelly Kettle doesn't require you to bring fuel and that you never run out of it. Just to go picking some more sticks and you have a solution that works indefinitely. It's therefore also very environment friendly. Love it!" - Sören Kjellkvist, Sweden, Professional Adventurer & Environmental Campaigner
Browse Kettles Now
- All Kelly Kettles now come with a soft Green Whistle which sounds off when the water is boiled. Prior to this, our Kettles were supplied with a cork, then with a hot-orange silicone stopper.
Our whistle is embedded in a green (for go!) rubber stopper to differentiate it from the previous Orange stopper. The new whistle fits retro fits onto any of our older kettles.
- Some people like the idea of a safety whistle as it sounds off when the kettle boils. However, we should stress that the Kelly Kettle boils very fast, so there is not much waiting around and no fire in the wild should ever be left unattended. Additionally, please consider your neighbours before using any whistle ... they may be trying to sleep!
- The soft rubber ensures that the whistle will not get stuck as can happen with some metal whistles due to expansion from heating/cooling. Copies of our kettles may have a metal whistle or cork stopper.
Kelly Kettle products come in attractive full Colour Packaging with Instruction leaflets, product booklet & Warranty Cards, making them perfect for a gift.
Shop with us in confidence. We have been around for four generations and our fast, friendly, family service is second to none. If you have a problem, just call us! All our products are covered by a Two Year Warranty against manufacturing defects. We will look after you. :-)
Browse Kettles Now
Proud of our heritage and tradition, the Kelly Kettle Company will continue to develop new products based on valued customer feedback. After all, we would not be here without you!
Patrick & Seamus Kelly
Kelly Kettle® & Volcano Kettle® are Registered Trademarks of the Kelly Kettle Company, Ireland.
Kelly Kettle® - Outdoor Life Enjoyed™